A trademark is a powerful symbol for your customers. A dynamic brand management strategy relies on a global approach.
Discuss the challenges that your business faces with us. Our cross-disciplinary teams can work with you throughout the different phases of your project: from preliminary reports, searches, purchasing, developing a legal strategy to maintain your rights and competition watch, to litigation.
oFrom the outset of your project until it is marketed, our cross-disciplinary teams can provide solutions adapted to each phase:
- Assessment of the distinctive character of the trademark and possible ways to protect it
- Defining the scope of protection
- Searches for prior art among identical or similar trademarks
- Searches for prior art among other distinctive signs: company names, trade names, shop signs, domain names, Common Law
- In-use investigations
- Defining geographical scope
- Determining the sectoral scope and drafting descriptions of goods and bespoke services
- Performing filing procedures
- Dealing with administrative objections, official letters
Maintaining and optimising your trademark portfolio
- Securing deadlines: statements, period of priority, non-use time limit, renewal
- Maintenance formalities and ownership changes
- Audits: updating portfolios, checking use of your trademarks in a modified form
- Rationalisation: managing duplications, seniority claims, advice on abandoning or keeping trademarks
- Monitoring identical and similar trademarks worldwide
- Domain name watch and monitoring social networks
- Market watch and monitoring pure-play brands.
- Competition watch
- Sectoral watch
- Use and public awareness surveys
- Customs Surveillance
- Opposition proceedings
- Nullity proceedings, cancellation on the grounds of non-use
- Pre-litigation: detecting infringements, cease and desist letters, UDRP complaints, amicable settlements
- Negotiations, transactions.
- infringement seizures, customs seizures
- Contractual negotiations
- Preparing and drafting confidentiality, assignment, licensing, co-ownership, co-development and collateral agreements
- Co-ownership regulations
- Collective trademarks and regulations on use
- Complying with the registration requirements of Registries
Germain Maureau has developed sectoral expertise to assist you in finding solutions that meet your requirements.